Monday, January 19, 2009

I miss my Christmas Tree.. I love putting the lights on just as the sun is going down and the snow is a blue.. I love how the lights of the Christmas tree light up the house and make everything feel homey.. SSOOO this week I put up a twig tree. Some of my relatives and friends know that I have a long history of twig trees, but I haven't had one in a very long time. so it was a lot of fun to do one again. On my way home from a Monday shopping trip I stopped along side of the road and pulled on my boots and plowed through the ditch snow and broke off some twigs from the bushes. I know there are a lot of people who can't do this but I live in a deep in the woods and there is a lot of public land around me.. So I got my branches. This is a normal thing for me , to go 'ditch' shopping. I love to decorate with natural things. I used a very large jar and put both the twigs and pine cones in it. The pine cones keep the twigs in place. For two days I just had light on my tree and then a couple of mornings ago I remembered that I had some really great clear Christmas balls. Quite a few years ago I had worked at a floral supply warehouse and as I found things I liked I would buy them one by one. Guess what. I had a LOT of clear ornaments. I had fun putting together my tree. I think the clear balls look like bubbles. In fact I went outside the same day and blew some bubbles.. It was one of those below 0 days.. I wondered what would happen. The bubbles froze as they floated in the air . It was very beautiful.

No comments: